Thursday, March 5, 2009

A day in the life...

We like to call it Haitian time. You plan your day, make preparations, gather what's needed, clean water, tools, lunch fixings, hat, sunscreen and you feel like you are ready to go. Hopefully you have had a good night's sleep and you are excited for the day ahead, I'm ready to see what the day holds. Then it happens.... ah, well, the transportation may be delayed or there's a flat tire, the truck will not turn over, someone else that is coming has been delayed, the sky open's up and it's pouring rain and on it goes. Of course all this could and does happen anywhere but while in Haiti there is not always a back up plan, so you wait. Time to shelf the schedule and see just what His timing will be.

During these times of waiting I am reminded -

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27:12 and I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. Ps 130:5

Thank you Lord for your reminders that there are times we need to wait.

No comments: